you got the time to call someone on their language when they’re flipping shit cuz privileged fucks are ripping them open and people (especially privileged people who call themselves allies or friends) aren’t getting their back
you got time to go in hot and heavy and fuck up every single post made by every single one of the bigots going after them, all while calling in more backup for it. EVERY. SINGLE. GODDAMN. ONE. So they don’t have to.
Before you call them on their language.
Only if you take out ALL of the posts and bigots.
Let’s see how often this HOW DO I PRIORITIES shit happens now.
It’s almost always ableism that people do these “callouts” on. Something about anti-ableist language reform really attracts people who want to shut down other anti-oppressive movements.
But there’s actually no excuse for employing that sort of language, or any sort of discriminatory language. And the thing is—those words, or any -ist slurs, don’t just fall out of people’s mouths accidentally.
I’m not trying to shut anything down.
But why is it that ableist slurs are apparently defensible? Nobody has to use that sort of language. It’s not an accident, either. You make a choice to type those words and hit enter.
- telegantmess likes this
- djjazzyleft likes this
- notflowers likes this
- drshaw likes this
- ateacupinastorm reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies and added:
- leavemealonetoread reblogged this from moniquill
- bezdan likes this
- aragingquiet likes this
- blairellis likes this
- transdrescher likes this
- tal9000 reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies and added:
- fuckyeahgenderstudies reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- torukun1 likes this
- eshusplayground reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- eshusplayground likes this
- moniquill reblogged this from tal9000
- cloakable reblogged this from genderbitch
- theboyprincessdiaries likes this
- andigreyscale likes this
- genderbitch posted this