Fun fact about plane crashes
A 1970 Civil Aeromedical Institute study of three plane crashes involving emergency evacuations found that the most prominent factor influencing survival was gender. Men were by far the most likely to get out alive.
Note that gender was a bigger factor in influencing survival than proximity to emergency exits was. I.e. it looks like the men pushed everyone else out of the way.
How interesting of a factor, yet unrealistic. Do you have a link?
See also Roach, Mary. Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. London: Penguin, 2003. 125.
And for extra credit!
New York Times article on men’s behaviour in emergency ship evacuations
Study on men’s behaviour in emergency ship evacuations
- cumulonipple likes this
- cumulonipple reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies
- watchoutsally likes this
- juicyfruitbubblegum likes this
- gnomequeen likes this
- imathers likes this
- aintgotnoladytronblues reblogged this from rejoints
- xioproceed likes this
- mustachedavenger likes this
- rejoints reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies
- brownjesus reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies
- openedthoughts likes this
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- hello-its-me-derek reblogged this from mydaywithd
- chiquorinha likes this
- crack-in-the-teacup likes this
- thoughtsofadivorcedatheist reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies and added:
- saracenic likes this
- hey-rene likes this
- sailordoooom likes this
- thisisnotyourhomework likes this
- fuckyeahgenderstudies reblogged this from feistyakashickitten and added:
- feistyakashickitten reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies and added:
- proustianrecall reblogged this from fuckyeahgenderstudies and added:
- xmasandribena likes this
- ms-kawesome likes this