Here, dear reader, you will some useful/illuminating/interesting links for your delectation.
This is an ongoing collaborative glossary/definitions/dictionary project courtesy of pansexualparty. It’s rather good (although from a quick scan there are a couple of imprecise/imperfect definitions, for instance Intersex—but the whole point is that it’s a constant work-in-progress and if there are any definitions you disagree with, think could be improved, or you don’t see at all and would like to add, you can let the author know.
Studying & Gender Studies
- My own list of 140+ colleges across the US and Canada (and looking to expand worldwide) that offer gender-neutral housing options
- UMBC’s list of OVER NINE HUNDRED programmes in women’s, feminist and gender studies worldwide
- Next, The Artemis Guide to Women’s Studies in the U.S.
- Next, a searchable list of Women’s Studies Programmes by the NWSA (National Women’s Studies Association
- Next, Smith College’s list of graduate programmes in Women’s Studies
- Next, a link to programmes in LGB, Trans* and Queer Studies in the US and Canada
- Next, NWSA’s Guide to Graduate work in Women’s and Gender Studies
- Trans etiquette 101
- Not your mom’s trans 101
- Cis privilege checklist
- Binary gender privilege checklist
- Media depictions of trans people
- Book list
- Gender neutral relational terms
- About purportedly gendered body parts
- Why misgendering is bad
- Pronouns guide
- Singular gender neutral pronouns
- Trans directory
(list courtesy of genderfuckandsecrets)
- What is Intersex?
- Ten Misconceptions about Intersex
- Intersex and Medical Treatment
- HUGE links resource from the Organisation Intersex International on intersex issues and organisations worldwide
Disability and Embodiment
- Feminist Perspectives on Disability (v. useful overview resource)
- The Wisdom of Whores (blog by epidemiologist Elizabeth Pisani, author of groundbreaking book of the same name)